Working in the Clouds: An Exploration into ‘Skyscraper Cities’ and the Benefits of Working in Modern High-RisesPosted on January 22nd, 2021
The United States has a long history of being at the forefront of architecture. In fact, the world’s first modern skyscraper was built in the city of Chicago in 1885. That decade saw impressive buildings built to reach for the sky, mainly in cities that were bustling with trade and business activity.
Many of those buildings still stand tall, along with a wide range of others that have been built over the years. The US cities with the highest density of skyscrapers include:
- New York, which ranks third in the world due to its skyscraper count, with more than 280 high rises of 150+ meters.
- Chicago, also in the global top 10, with 126 skyscrapers.
- Miami, with 54.
- Houston, with 39.
- Los Angeles and San Francisco, with 26 and 25, respectively.
- Boston and Seattle, with 21 each.
- Las Vegas and Philadelphia, with 14 and 13, respectively.